ASCENSO Hispanic Fellowship
Access, Success, Community, Equity, Network-building, Support and Opportunity
The ASCENSO Hispanic Fellowship program promotes the growth of advocacy, support, and awareness of social justice issues impacting Hispanic communities in Ventura County.
Through this program, four Cal Lutheran students will serve as community leaders and advocates for the Hispanic community. They will work alongside the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council of Ventura County and network with representatives from County agencies and departments to research the services and policies that may be insufficiently serving or negatively impacting Hispanic populations. Students will raise awareness of important issues and directly influence systemic change. This program was made possible from a grant funded by the Amgen Foundation.
Undergrad and graduate students who are currently studying psychology, education, sociology, environmental science, political science, criminal justice or all majors engaged in healthcare/mental health are encouraged to apply!
Applications will open on February 1, 2023.
Please contact us to be added to email list for more information.
Questions? Send an email to Nathan Huitron at email@example.com
|Application Period Opens||February 1, 2022|
|Application Deadline||May 15, 2022|
|June 6, 2022|
|Current Fellowship Term (eight weeks)||June 20, 2022 – August 11, 2022|
|Ventura Government Center Presentation
||August 11, 2022|
|CLU Hispanic Heritage Month Presentation
||September 28, 2022|
ASCENSO Hispanic Scholar Benefits
- Fellowship Award in the Amount of $5,000
- Mentorship from professionals, and Community Leaders of Hispanic serving agencies
- Engagement with community organizations focused on advocacy for Hispanic communities
- Recognition as an ASCENSO Scholar
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Students who wish to apply to this program must submit the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Statement of purpose
- Cal Lutheran transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- At least one professional reference (three max).
- Name and (phone or email)
- Can be a past or current professor, supervisor, manager, coworker, or group member