PRiME Competition 2020
For the second time, we brought the vision and spirit of the global Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) into our local school-wide initiative aiming to build awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through our School of Management PRiME Competition!
Our PRiME competition is part of the Cal Lutheran Festival of Scholars Week which stands for excellence in teaching and learning where we proudly showcase our students’ work. Traditionally student showcase their projects in-person, however, this year in the midst of the competition's entry process, the global crisis caused by Covid-19 brought disruption and challenged us in so many ways. But we stayed strong and committed to bringing the same level of competition, quality of projects and judging for the students, but just virtually! In the end, the competition made a significant global impact!
PRiME Competition Awards Presentation on ZOOM
We are proud of all of those who participated – students, professors, judges, those who reviewed the projects and voted in the People’s Choice award. Everyone made it a special event. And the award winners are...
1st Place and
Each project required a written paper, SDGs-executive summary, video presentation and Powerpoint/poster presentation for judges review. Due to the covid crisis, only 12 out of 26 student project teams participated where they rose to the challenge, went above and beyond and persevered.
- A negotiation Guideline for global activists: Caroline Jebousek, Alexander Saam, Hannes Millendorfer, Christa Hoeckner
- An Analysis of Sustainability Practices: Southern California Edison: Lindsey Wolf
- Groundwater Markets for Responsible Resource Consumption and Food Production: Maya Hoholick
- Gun Control: Mario Hochleitner, Gernot Gruber, Markus Muigg, Manuel Schachl
- California’s Drought Policies: Are They Adequately Aiding the Agricultural Industry?: Hope Ramos
- Financial Literacy, Grades K-12: Kris Etter
- TOMS Shoes: A Framework of Social Responsibility: Linda Arriola
- Coca-Cola vs. CO2 Emissions: Anna Therese Löwer
- Cerchio: Hannah Pasco, Chloe Barnes
- EduConsult - Sustainability Consulting: Jacob Colson, Mackenzie Thomas, Christine Weyers
- Welcome to Austria: Ekaterina Specht, Nicole Andrei-Rus, Mario Derntl
- Discovering Behavioral Issues Related to Retirement Planning: Savings vs. Consumption Behaviors of Divorcees and Financially Distressed Couples: Kendyl Roundtree
PRiME COMPETITION IMPACT
PRiME 2020 Global Footprint Competition Stats 805 Voters 2,415 Votes 6 Continents
As a participant, I had a blast! As an audience member, I can assure you that your award execution was flawless and professional.
Linda Arriola, Graduate Student